Daily Africa Global News

Atiku Criticizes Nigeria's Economic Policies in Tinubu's First Year: Calls for Immediate Reforms

Atiku Criticizes Nigeria's Economic Policies in Tinubu's First Year: Calls for Immediate Reforms

Felix Harbour
30 May 2024

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has criticized President Bola Tinubu's first year in office, citing the country's ongoing economic struggles. He argues that Tinubu's policies have worsened macroeconomic stability, despite promises to revamp the economy, create jobs, and ensure food security.

South Africa's 2024 Elections: Prepping for a New Coalition Era

South Africa's 2024 Elections: Prepping for a New Coalition Era

Felix Harbour
28 May 2024

As South Africa gears up to elect its seventh democratic Parliament, signs point to a shifting political landscape. The ANC's long-standing dominance may dwindle, ushering in a new era of coalition governments. The Democratic Alliance, Economic Freedom Fighters, Inkatha Freedom Party, and a new contender, uMkhonto weSizwe, will play pivotal roles. The country's future hinges on unity and collaborative governance.

Global Outrage Over Israeli Strikes in Rafah: Calls for Ceasefire and Adherence to International Law

Global Outrage Over Israeli Strikes in Rafah: Calls for Ceasefire and Adherence to International Law

Felix Harbour
28 May 2024

The international community is deeply shocked by the recent Israeli military strike in Rafah that resulted in the deaths of over 45 people, including children. Leaders from France and Italy have called for an immediate ceasefire and respect for international law, highlighting the tragic impact on Palestinian civilians. The U.S. emphasized Israel's right to self-defense while acknowledging the devastation.

Vancouver Whitecaps Face Inter Miami in Highly Anticipated MLS Showdown Without Messi, Suarez, and Busquets

Vancouver Whitecaps Face Inter Miami in Highly Anticipated MLS Showdown Without Messi, Suarez, and Busquets

Felix Harbour
27 May 2024

Vancouver Whitecaps are set to host Inter Miami at BC Place in a crucial MLS match. Inter Miami will miss their star trio Messi, Suarez, and Busquets who are resting ahead of their midweek game. Whitecaps' CEO expressed disappointment but promises to deliver an excellent experience. The Whitecaps have key players to watch, especially Brian White, and are favored to win. The match airs on MLS Season Pass with Vancouver predicted to win 3-1.

Manchester City's FA Cup Showdown Against Manchester United: Potential for a Surprising Upset

Manchester City's FA Cup Showdown Against Manchester United: Potential for a Surprising Upset

Felix Harbour
25 May 2024

The highly anticipated FA Cup final features Manchester City as the heavy favorites to win against Manchester United. With odds suggesting an 83% chance of victory for City, United still retains a 17% probability of causing an upset. The match promises excitement as United's defensive strategies and de Gea's goalkeeping skill could challenge City's dominance.

Rishi Sunak's Northern Ireland Visit: Highlights and Key Moments from the Election Campaign

Rishi Sunak's Northern Ireland Visit: Highlights and Key Moments from the Election Campaign

Felix Harbour
24 May 2024

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak visited Northern Ireland as part of his election campaign, highlighting government's efforts and plans while connecting with locals. Accompanied by Northern Ireland Secretary Chris Heaton-Harris, Sunak visited Belfast's Titanic Quarter, endorsed the Windsor Framework, and signaled support for Boris Johnson. He emphasized economic progress and willingness for public debates.

Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves Clash in Intense Western Conference Finals Game 1 Showdown

Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves Clash in Intense Western Conference Finals Game 1 Showdown

Felix Harbour
23 May 2024

The Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves are set to battle in the 2024 NBA Western Conference Finals. The series features a thrilling matchup between Luka Doncic and Anthony Edwards. Game 1 will take place at the Target Center in Minneapolis on May 22, with the entire series promising intense competition for fans.

UK Proposes £2 Million Compensation for Infected Blood Victims Amid NHS Scandal

UK Proposes £2 Million Compensation for Infected Blood Victims Amid NHS Scandal

Felix Harbour
22 May 2024

The UK government has unveiled a compensation plan for victims affected by contaminated blood products and transfusions within the NHS from 1970 to 1991. Potential payouts could exceed £2 million per person based on individual criteria. This follows a damning public inquiry report that revealed a cover-up and significant risks to victims. Over 30,000 individuals were infected, with around 3,000 deceased. Family members are also eligible for compensation.

Chelsea Terminates Mauricio Pochettino's Contract After Disappointing Season

Chelsea Terminates Mauricio Pochettino's Contract After Disappointing Season

Felix Harbour
22 May 2024

Chelsea has parted ways with coach Mauricio Pochettino following a mutual agreement. Pochettino's stint saw the club finish sixth in the EPL 2023/2024 season. The club disclosed this decision on their official website, with additional details expected soon.

Atalanta Poised to Break 61-Year Trophy Drought in Europa League Final Against Sevilla

Atalanta Poised to Break 61-Year Trophy Drought in Europa League Final Against Sevilla

Felix Harbour
20 May 2024

Atalanta is set to face Sevilla in the Europa League final in Budapest. This match marks a critical juncture for Atalanta, which last secured a major title in the 1963 Coppa Italia. With remarkable victories over top teams, Coach Gian Piero Gasperini's squad hopes to claim their first major European trophy, while Sevilla aims to extend their record with a seventh Europa League championship.

Sheffield United vs Tottenham: Live Stream Details, Match Preview, and Injury Updates

Sheffield United vs Tottenham: Live Stream Details, Match Preview, and Injury Updates

Felix Harbour
20 May 2024

Tottenham aims for a morale-boosting victory against relegated Sheffield United in the Premier League. With both teams grappling with injuries, the match is set to be a riveting conclusion to the season. Live streaming on Peacock Premium starts at 11 am ET on Sunday.

RCB Triumph Over CSK in IPL 2024 Match 68: Playoffs Berth Secured, Championship Hopes Shattered for CSK

RCB Triumph Over CSK in IPL 2024 Match 68: Playoffs Berth Secured, Championship Hopes Shattered for CSK

Felix Harbour
19 May 2024

In an exhilarating 68th match of IPL 2024, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) defeated Chennai Super Kings (CSK) by 27 runs. This victory not only secured RCB's place in the playoffs but also ended CSK's chances to contend for the championship. The match featured stellar performances, including Faf du Plessis's impressive 54 runs and Yash Dayal's 2 crucial wickets.